Monday, 20 December 2010

Pattern Review - Simplicity 2360 - the spotty ruffle dress

Phew, only 2 more days of work this year!  I cannot wait to have a break!  Apologies, I am a bit knackered so if you want full details you will need to check out the full review (see sidebar).

So this dress was inspired by the fabric, a polyester crepe de chine at a minuscule $5.00 per metre.  I already had loads of thread and elastic so this worked out to be about a $10 dress. 

Here is the front.

And the back.

I had to make a quick fix at the waist as the bodice was too short.  I attached a band in the middle and top-stitched the seam allowances down to make two elastic casings instead of one as provided in the pattern - sorry the picture isn't very clear.


Overall a pretty quick and easy make and the pattern has potential to be used for a heap of different garments.

5 comments:

McVal said...

Cute! I love it! I can't wait until Christmas is over so I can do more sewing that isn't for gifts!

sewistafashionista said...

The waistaband worked out really well. Good fix. The dress looks great.

jacquie said...

Such a pretty dress! What a great pattern, had never noticed that one before. Have a nice break!

paco peralta said...

Hi Josie.- Only wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My best wishes for another year full of happy sewing ...!!!

Gail said...

Very feminine dress. It fits you very well.