Wednesday 18 March 2009

Wow, that's a lot of fabric

So I finished cataloguing my stash, a couple of weeks ago actually I just haven’t had the time or energy to blog lately! The grand total is 158.35m – is that a lot? I am a little surprised but not horrified by the amount, although I have now set myself two goals:


1. To use more than I buy each month, and
2. To have a total of 100m or less by the end of this year.

I’ll set up a little tally to monitor my progress.

My lovely new file of samples has been a bonus to me recently. Like most of you I am planning my change of season wardrobe, but unlike those of you in the northern part of the world I am looking towards Autumn and Winter. We are lucky here in Perth that our winters are mild so we have the opportunity to wear fab winter styles but without having to deal with bulky layers. Generally a fine gauge knit and a jacket or coat are sufficient. Plus I always wear my favourite winter accessory – a knit or crochet scarf. I guess you could say it’s my signature (actually I just get a really cold neck!).

I have loads of exciting projects lined up so now all I have to do is figure out where to start. I have almost decided on two jackets – the new Badgely Mishka jacket (V1099) and the bias cut plaid number from BWOF (09-2007-105). I have everything I require and now just need to get cracking. One perk of my job (not that there are many lately) is that I am entitled to flexi-time, so I am taking a well-earned day off on Friday and plan to devoted a chunk of time to cutting out. So don’t give up on me just yet, I promise I’ll have something to show very soon.

3 comments:

harbourmaster said...

hahah I love that you have so much fabric, even after the great (although slightly premature) pre-England clearout! At least you actually MAKE stuff out of yours, my fabrics just lie around in boxes taking up space...

Those jackets are cute, very Jo-style! I saw a great coat at fashion week I think you'd like, the blue number from Alice McCall, it's sortof a swing style and the bell sleeves have buttons all the way down so you can wear them open and poke your arms out at the elbow so it looks like a cape!

Kristy Chan said...

yay for flexi time, I don't know how people survive in jobs without it! And this may make me seem like a fabric glutton, but I don't think 158m is that much at all!

Blackjack Tips said...

Bravo, you were not mistaken :)