Monday 27 April 2009

Latest Knitting

I've been knitting the February Lady Sweater from Flint Knits for a while now and was getting a bit bored. Nothing to do with the pattern, I think it's mainly frustration because I can't find the right buttons to go on it! Here's where I'm up to:Here's a close up of the (unblocked) lace pattern. The pattern is really pretty and the I love the colour. I'm not sure we are going to have a winter this year in which I can wear it since here we are towards the end of autumn and it's 28 degrees (celsius) and sunny every day.
Anyway, to stave off my boredom I started the entrelac scarf from Knitting Daily. The yarn is called Kaleidescope from Cleckheaton. I ended up having to buy extra wool so it is turning out to not be a terribly cheap project but it is super fun to knit and I would urge anyone with a bit of knitting experience to give it a go. If you can pick up and knit stitches you won't have any trouble.
Here's a close up (unblocked). I love how it's turning out.
In closing I'd like to give a big shout out to all those clever people who create (knitting/crochet/whatever) patterns and then generously share them with those of us who are only clever enough to execute their instructions.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Loving that scarf, how gorgeous is it going to look.

harbourmaster said...

That looks brilliant Jo! ohhhh complicated