Behind me you can see the future site of my backyard veggie garden - I just have to figure out how to get the soil into it when the only access to the courtyard is through the house, hmmm probably should have though of that before!
Anyway, back to the skirt. It's your run-of-the-mill pencil skirt but with welt pockets front and back. These were tricky on the stretch woven fabric, but they came out passable.
I'll have to sew the back pockets closed - not that I would ever use them anyway! My primary sewing machine has been in for a service and I couldn't be bothered getting another one out, I promise I'll do it before I wear the skirt to work.
Please just look at the skirt and not my ratty courtyard!
As for my previous skirt I cut a 42 at the waist and a 44 at the hip and the fit came out great. For once I didn't lengthen the pattern as this design is longer than the standard Burda skirt. It's a smidge shorter than I would normally make but I think it's fine.
Instead of making the front fly (which always looks a bit wrong when I sit down), I put an invisible zip in the centre back. I also added a kick pleat so I can actually walk in it. I took photos of my lovely kick pleat and mitred hem but dark grey doesn't photograph well on a winter's day so you'll just have to trust me that they look really neat!
There is not much sewing going on here atm. My sewing room is not heated and it is COLD in there! Instead I have finished knitting the dressage jacket (blocking it today) and am working on a crocheted baby blanket as a gift for a woman at work.