Saturday 26 July 2008

My Pattern Competition - The Skirt is Finished

Well here is the finished skirt. Front:
Back:
Side:
And a couple of close ups. The front vent/split:
The raised waistline and self belt:
I am really happy with this skirt, as usual my dummy doesn't do it justice. I can't tell you how happy I'll be when I am the same size as her again!

I only have to make the lining and do all the finishing and the jacket will be done too. I was hoping to do a photo shoot tomorrow but, not only will I not be finished in time, but being the middle of winter rain is forecast for the whole of next week. I'd better get a move on since the comp closes on Thursday. Plus I am thinking of entering the mini-wardrobe competition that starts on August 1. Talk about going competition mad! Of course, as we all know it's not about competing with others. For me at least, I need all the help to stay motivated I can get.

For all those bored with my dry, boring pattern drafting posts - don't worry the end is near.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I absolutely love your skirt......what a great job you did. It looks fabulous!