Sunday, 25 July 2010

Friday Night Sew In Results - July

I didn't get as much done as I would have liked on Friday night but any extra sewing time is a bonus right?

I got the body of this blouse together last weekend but have been caught up sewing for my fella's next production for most of the week - a curtain 9 metres across by 6 metres long.  I am sure you can guess just how much fun that has been!  So anyway, I was determined to finish the blouse on Friday night.

I sewed the hem and buttonholes in the body then constructed the sleeves.  At this point my sewing machine cracked the sh*ts and refused to work anymore so I has to content myself with spending the rest of the evening sewing on the buttons.  So that's the end of my Friday night - sleeves pinned in and no buttonholes on the cuffs - so near but so far!

****Note, I did manage to limp my machine along enough to finish the blouse on Saturday morning - I'll post a review as soon as I get some photos.

1 comment:

Jandi said...

I love it! I hope your machine gets better. I finally had to take my first machine out back to shoot it. Sometimes you've got to put 'em out of their misery.