Here is the third and final installment of 'what I finished on the Friday Night Sew-In. I am calling this the frankendress because it is the bodice of one pattern (M5927) attached to the skirt of another (Vogue 8494, which I used to make my Christmas dress last year).
I didn't need to make an fba as the pattern has different front patterns for different cup sizes. I love it how pattern companies are doing that these days, it makes one less alteration I have to make!
Anyway the fit is pretty good if I may say.
Here is a close up of the bodice. Now I am pretty sure that wrinkle is a posture thing. It was really cold and I think I am hunching my shoulders a bit.
I'm not sure if you can see the detail of the pretty design on the mother-of-pearl buttons. I originally bought them for a jacket but then I ended up using the jacket fabric for a skirt and these poor beauties have been homeless ever since. It's nice to finally use them.
You'll be able to get to the full review from my widget if you are interested in the gory details.