Thursday 15 July 2010

The Baby Starghan

This is my only my third ever baby blanket - the first I posted here but I forgot to photograph the second before I gave it to my step-brother.  I don't know why I never made baby blankets before, the relatively thick yarn makes them quick to work and once the pattern is established they make perfect mindless TV watching projects  but they are still small enough not to get too boring.  This was my World Cup watching project.

The pattern is the baby starghan by yarndeevah, which I accessed via ravelry.  I used three balls of Patons Big Baby 8ply, which was on special at Spotlight.  Ordinarily I wouldn't use synthetic yarns (it's mainly acrylic) but it's nice and soft and will be very hard wearing.

There is not much to say other than I worked 2 round of each colour until I ran out of yarn then used the leftover cream to work a round of dc (sc in US terms) and then a round of crab stitch (reverse sc) to finish it off.  This was a very easy pattern and very effective.  The recipient absolutely loved it (she is having a little boy).  If I ever get the chance I'll make one for myself.

On another topic, we finally got our bookcases replaced this week, three and a half months after the flood so we're now pretty much back to where we were before.  I am so happy!  We spent most of last weekend putting things away which meant I could clear all the boxes out of the sewing room - I can't wait to get in there and sew in comfort again!  And just in time for the Friday Night Sew-In next week.

No comments: