Friday 26 December 2008

The Optimistic Christmas Dress Part 3

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, whichever variety of holiday you celebrate! My festivities are over for the year and they have been great but exhausting. I experienced a variety of different Christmases over the past couple of days, from a vegetarian feast on Christmas Eve to a barbeque breakfast and traditional roast on Christmas day. Now I just have to start burning all these extra calories off! The weather has been fantastic - not too hot, not too cold, around 30 degrees on Christmas day. Today, Boxing Day, is forecast to be 29 degrees. By comparison, last Boxing Day was 44 (I don't even know what that is in farenheit, maybe around 110-115)! Last year was tough.

I did finish and wear my optimistic dress and I am happy to report no major stuff-ups, although the cap sleeves are a little snug so driving and reaching across the dinner table were a challenge. Here is the finished product:
It was cool on Christmas Eve evening so I wore a cardi over the top:
Some reviewers wondered how this dress would work with a more prominent butt. I just so happen to be 'blessed' with one of those so in the interests of science, here's a side view. Not the most flattering style for my body type, but I really like the girly, fifities vibe.
All in all, a pretty successful exercise, especially given that I only traced off the pattern and pre-washed the fabric on the 20th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Fantastic job :-) Also, how jealous am I that you're outside in just a cardigan! It's freezing in the northeast today.

Anonymous said...

Wow it is lovely ! I love that fabric the detailing is beautiful .